So I went to my new OB today. Ok, can I just tell you that she is AWESOME! I know when I get pregnant again, she's going to be perfect.
So she's at a clinic that is hooked on to the Medical Center of Plano hospital, which is great. Anyway, Charlie and I went in today and I was feeling pretty nervous because I didn't know if I was ready to talk about Reuben to a doctor or not. First of all, the office is REALLY nice! So we went in there and she introduced herself to me and asked me if I was coming in to have my annual exam and I said yes, but that I also wanted to talk to her about getting pregnant again.
I told her about my history and then what had happened with Reuben. I did cry some, but that's to be expected. She was really great about it. Anyway, after I got through telling her everything she told me that she thought I must have got the infection after my cervix dilated without me knowing. It's called an incompetent cervix. So she said the solution to that was to do what is called a cerclage, which is when they stitch up your cervix at 13 weeks and then take it out at 37 weeks. Then she said they would also give me progesterone shots starting on week 18, then you get them every week until you have the baby. Sounds kinda painful, but I don't really care! She also said that she has a patient right now that has the exact same history as me and she is now 32 weeks pregnant with her second child. She said she has a lot of confidence that the next pregnancy will go well.
So basically I have a plan now! I feel about a million times better about everything. It's going to be so great to have her as an ob! Anyway, just wanted to share some good news!
All for now!
4 comments:
That is Awesome Amy!!! I am so happy that you found a great doctor and feel confident and have a plan! Stay positive and keep us updated love you!
that is such great news!!!!! YEAH
That's so great! It makes me feel better to know that you feel better...if that makes sense. =) That's awesome that she was able to explain everything to you and I'm so glad you found such a good doctor. That makes all the difference in the world!
I'm happy that you found a good doctor and that you're looking forward. If you'd like to read a friend of mine's blog about their stillborn and how they're coping (along with her medical problem) you can link to it from my blog; Amber & Ryan Bagley. She has written some beautiful things.
Post a Comment