Wednesday, August 20, 2008

California

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't written in a little while. This is going to be a long post because I have LOTS of pictures! I was gone this past weekend to Longview because Charlie went to Cali for his cake competition. He had a really good time despite the fact that he was supposed to get a rental car and it just never worked out.

So sadly, they didn't place. In fact, their cake fell over! He was so disappointed. His partner had put this firecracker in the middle and I guess she didn't put proper support in it. Well, it fell and started a chain reaction...





It's really unfortunate too because it came out really nicely! The top to cakes in my opinion weren't that impressive, but I'm a little biased. The 3rd place cake was a group from Charlie's school and I really did like theirs. Here's 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.





However, Charlie and his partner did win best taster cake... pretty huh?

He did also get to meet Duff, Mary Alice and Geof from Ace of Cakes which was the highlight of his time in Cali. They were pretty much all he talked about when he got home. In fact, the 2nd night they were there, Mary Alice actually came down to the lounge and talked to him and a few of his classmates for about an hour. He said they're REALLY cool people.

Here are the rest of the cakes that were entered in to the competition...


Ok, so there's everything. All in all Charlie had a good time, but he was glad to come home. One of the first things he said to me was "Do you want to move to California". He said the weather was really nice and he was sad he didn't get to go to the beach. Maybe next time. :-)
Well, that's all for now, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

Sharon said...

Too bad the cake fell over because it did look awesome! I don't watch the Ace of Cakes so I don't know the people but I"m sure it would be so cool to meet someone you've seen on television. And too bad we didn't get it together so Craig and Cyndi could've come to see Charlie.

Cyndi said...

Good looking cake. Where in L.A was the competition at? Ya, you guys should move to California then there will be more relatives to represent this great state.

Mrs Pretzel said...

GET OUT!!! He met the ACE OF CAKES crew!?!?! I love LOVE LOVE that show!! His cake TOTALLY would have taken it.

Anne-Marie said...

Wow his cake looks awesome, tell him I said Congrats on getting to go to Cali! I can't believe his cake fell though..but at least he has the experience. And im so jealous he met Duff and the gang..how cool!
HOpe you are doing well and tell your little baby to stop making you sick so we can hang out! I miss you!