IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, DO NOT SCROLL FURTHER. These are pictures of Charlie's cut off thumb..
So on Saturday evening, I was sitting at home working on my book and listening to the tv when I got a phone call from Charlie. I didn't think anything of it really until he said "Hey, can you get dressed?" I asked him why and he said "We have to go somewhere." I asked him where we were going and he said "To the hospital". Now I'm beginning to freak out. I asked him why and he told me he'd cut off the tip of his thumb. When he said that I thought like the very off of it and maybe it was just bleeding badly. So he got here and had a his thumb wrapped up in a towel with blood all over it and he had a cup sitting in the drink holder. He told me not to look in it. I asked why. He said the tip of his thumb was in it. So after some fast driving, we got to the ER only to find out that they couldn't reattach it. There wasn't enough to reattach. At this point I had already looked in the cup. I was surprised that it didn't make me sick at all. Then the nurse came in and stuck Charlie thumb in well, I don't know what it was for sure... benodine... iodine? I don't really know. Anyway he looked like he was going to hit someone because it stung so bad. I felt so bad for him! Then she wrapped it and said if it started to bleed again so call someone. Well, about 3 minutes later the blood started soaking right through the wrap. I called someone in and they came in with this other stuff that suppose to "scab" over the wound so it will quit bleeding. Sort of like a blood clot medicine. So a guy came in this time and sprayed that stuff all over Charlie's thumb. This hurt him worse. He started looking like he might hit someone again. Then the guy wrapped it and it started to feel better. He suspects the pain medicine they had given him earlier might be starting to work. So that was out adventure in the hospital. The first 2 pictures are from the hospital and the one of his actual thumb was taken yesterday when we had to re wrap it. Enjoy! (lol).

1 comment:
Thank goodness he is ok!! Cool Wound Charlie!!! Hope it feels better soon! :) Keep it wrapped and keep neosporin or something on it!
Post a Comment